Ongoing Website Care & Maintenance
When you take care of your website, it will take care of you!
Website Care & Maintenance
All sites require some ongoing TLC, but your valuable time should be spent focusing on your business instead rather than the nitty-gritty details of website maintenance. Let Dahl House Designs take care of your site’s daily care; all of our monthly website maintenance packages include everything you need to keep your site running smoothly. Plus, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your website is secure & being kept up-to-date.
All of Our Monthly Website Maintenance Packages Include:
Each DHD client has the option of using our hosting platform, which is provided by Kinsta. Kinsta provides over 99.99% uptime, lightning fast speed and more! Clients who utilize our hosting will also enjoy the following additional benefits:
- Free SSL Certificate (for https/secure connection)
- Extra daily site back up
- Free staging site, so significant changes do not interrupt your live site.
- Free site clean-up in the unlikely event of a hack.
- Option CDN (Content Delivery Network) for better website performance; we can help you determine if a CDN would help you!
Site backups are a critical system, ensuring that if anything happens to your live site, we are ready to restore it with a recent copy. We perform a backup of your site each morning and do an additional backup before a WordPress, plugin, or theme update.
Sites hosted by Dahl House Designs rarely go down. However, if in the unlikely event your site does go down (or you elect to use an independent hosting provider*) rest assured I receive an immediate notification via SMS text message and can address the issue right away.
*If your site goes down due to an issue with a 3rd party host, Dahl House Designs is not responsible for any corrective measures.
When WordPress releases a core update, we test to ensure it will work properly on your site. WordPress core updates are performed within 48 hours of stable release, as determined by Dahl House Designs. We will not update WordPress until we are sure your site is ready for the update!
In addition to keeping your WordPress core system updated, it is also essential for security & functionality to keep your site's theme(s) and plugins updated. Dahl House Designs checks all managed sites daily, updating any theme or plugin required*. Your monthly report will highlight the theme/plugin updates performed.
*If your site was developed by a third-party, the client might be responsible for the license renewal fee. Additionally, we are not responsible for any theme file rewrites required.
We run a 3-point security sweep on each website daily (or more frequently if requested/needed). The three points include:
- Vulnerability Sweep - this check reviews that the themes & plugins used on your site have no known vulnerabilities, creating a gateway for malicious activity. We catch and fix problems before they can be exploited
- Malware Scan - this check looks for malicious code that may have been injected on your site.
- Web Trust - we check with the ten most widely used web-safe companies*, making sure you stay on their "trusted site" list. In the event your site is black-listed, we will look into the issue, resolve the problem, and file an appeal with the web-safe company.
*Google Safe Browsing, Norton Web Safe, PhishTank, Opera Browser, SiteAdvisor, Sucuri Malware Labs, SpamHaus DBL, Yandix, Sophos, ESET.
If you forego our hosting platform, you may be financially responsible for resolving any security issues that arise.
Bulky photos can slow down site performance, negatively impacting your search ranking & bounce rate. Our maintenance package includes a plugin that will optimize new images added to your site for the web.
We include an analytics overview with your monthly report; we collect this data from Google Analytics. You also have the option of accessing your Google Analytics account directly for on-demand/in-depth analytics.
For more advanced analytics reporting, check out our Audience Insights service!
All sites managed by Dahl House Designs get a basic SEO service package which includes SEO Yoast integration, schema markup for main pages & blog posts, and keyword monitoring for up to 100 keywords (list to be provided by client).
Announcing a new service from Dahl House Designs; Broken Link Detection! Our new monitoring service makes sure that all links (internal & external) are working properly.
To help keep your website performing at its best, we will perform a monthly database cleanup. Our new optimization tools will scrub your site of unused code, media, and other little bits that can impact your site speed & user experience.
Choose Your Plan
Not sure which solution is right for you? We can help!
None of our monthly website maintenance packages the right fit? No problem, we can work with you to create a custom plan.
Website Care FAQs
If you've selected a package that includes website change time, that might include:
- Adding/removing text or photos. New content must be provided by the client.
- Adding a landing page for a special product or event.
- Adding, removing, or rearranging your navigation.
- Adding or updating your products on an e-commerce site.
While we can accomplish many website tasks in our Care & Maintenance plans, there are a few things we don't cover:
- Copywriting- all content must be provided by you. If you desire, we are happy to provide you with a great copywriter!
- Graphic Design or Image Sourcing- you are responsible for providing any graphics or images required for your website change. We have a few great graphic designers we're in touch with and would be glad to connect you.
- Adding new functionality to your website. For example, if you needed to add a new booking system or online shop, those additional functionalities will most often need to be quoted & invoiced separately.
- Advanced SEO tasks, such as keyword or competitor research. In 2020 we will be launching a separate SEO plan.
- Advanced Analytics reporting.
If your site goes down, chance are we have already been notified, and have begun investigating. However, please feel free to give us a call or send a text to (860) 245-1710.
No problem! We are happy to help! Please give us a call or send us an email and explain in as much detail as possible what you need. We'll get in touch to make arrangements to take care of your task.
Each month we will send you a report outlining the work completed on your site in the previous month. After your report goes out, we send an invoice via email. Your invoice can be paid securely by credit card, or by mailing in a check.
You are billed for work that was done in the previous month. Invoices are due within 30 days.
Automatic billing is available for all clients; we use PayPal for secure automatic payments.